.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Product Review: Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner

From the Archives, Originally posted 03/15/2010
 
I purchase this product because of how much my hair LOVES shea butter and because I don't have a leave-in conditioner - it's just something I never owned. I found this at a store in my area called African Land - its the only place I have ever seen this product besides online.

Ingredients: Shea Butter, Deionized Water, Herbal Complex, Panthenol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cocoa Butter, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E

They say: Penetrates deep into hair and scalp to moisturize, repair & protect. Transforms dull, lifeless hair into healty, soft,. shiny and manageable hair with extra body.

I say: Smells AWESOME. I apply onto wet hair and it leaves my hair soft and feeling moisturized. The only issue I have is that the conditioner is very thick and that makes it hard to get out of the bottle. I wish it came in a jar. On the other hand - the thickness is what makes it work so great on my hair.

06/16/2011 UPDATE:
I discovered this past weekend that this particular Shea Moisture product is from the same company that is now carried in Target. The person that informed of this actually owns a store and now searches for this version of the product to stock the shelves. The person told me the reason is because the line in Target is more watered down and is of less quality than the products before they went more commercial. 
I must say - I am disappointed. This leave-in is spectacular (to me) and I don't know what I am going to do once it is no longer available. I stock up when I can, I usually buy whats on the shelf.