.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

You Asked, I Answered

The first question, I have actually been asked twice in one week. I felt that this post needed to go up as soon as possible.


You Asked:
I love your blog and I was just wondering how you moisturize your hair during the week and how you moisturize your hair after you wash and condition it. Thanks


I Answered:
Great question. It comes along at a time when I am ready to review my most recent moisturizer (that post will follow this one). When it comes to moisturizing my hair I like to incorporate it in every step in my regimen while at the same time still being careful not to over-moisturize my hair. Before shampooing I always prepoo to prevent the shampoo from drying out my hair and I always DC after a shampoo. If I am only cowashing, I apply my (thick & creamy) conditioner, sit under the steamer, and then rinse thoroughly. After shampooing or cowashing I apply a (water-based) leave-in conditioner, and seal with an oil or butter while my hair is still wet and while I am styling. If my hair is in a set style or a protective style I will spray my hair with a moisturizer almost daily.


You Asked:
You have some great tips on your blog and a lot of them have worked really well for me but I have a question about  styling my hair. How do I create braidouts and twistouts that are more defined? Thanx!


I Answered:
I have figured out after a lot of trial and error that I am able to get very defined looks on my hair when I set that twists/braids on wet hair. Setting on damp hair is not as defined and setting on dry hair gives me a big fluffy even less defined style. So I would suggest setting on wet hair, keeping the braids/twists neat, don't separate the sections to even out the length in the braids/twists, and let the hair dry completely before releasing the braids/twists.


Got a tip/suggestion to add? Please leave a comment below.



►If you have a question you would like to ask, please use the contact me button at the top of the page.