.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

High Ponytail with Curlformers

Earlier this week I had the bright idea to do a high ponytail using Curlformers. It turned out okay but it was just a lot of work getting all my hair up in a high ponytail, which is why I don't do it often.


I set my hair in small on the Curlformers using CurlyNikki's curl defining spritz on dry hair. I sat under the dryer for about 20 minutes on med-heat and 10mins on low heat.


I slept in the Curlformers overnight. They did not disturb my sleep because they were up and out of my way. I tied down the edges of my hair with a satin scarf and used Aloe Vera gel to help smooth the edges.


I removed the Curlformers in the morning and thankfully the curls did set. I was surprised to see that the curls resembled more of a flexirod set than a curlformer set. My curlformer sets usually look more elongated like:


I am satisfied with the look and the curls held up well in the high humidity. This is a style I will do again. To maintain at night I used a satin scarf on my edges and put the curls in a satin bonnet.


I am on Day 2 of this style and it's still looks fresh. I will be taking it down tonight because my hair needs some water. I think I am becoming addicted to mid-week co-washes. Like I need one more hair thing to be addicted too...


When was the last time you wore a high pony tail? Do you think it's harder to do them now that you are wearing your naturally textured hair?