.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Regimen and Product Finale

Nearing the end of the winter season this is how my regimen and product use ended up looking:

Shampoo
Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Herbal Shampoo (received at a swap)
Leave-In Conditioners
Never found one I liked enough to try or use consistently

Moisturizers
Aloe Gro Treatment (used on ends and on scalp)
Kemi Oyl Conditioning Spray

Oils
Coconut Oil (prepoo)
Olive Oil (prepoo)
Avocado Oil (mixed with Castor oil)
Castor Oil (mixed with Avocado oil)
Peppermint Oil (used in Aloe gro)
Rosemary Oil (used in Aloe gro)
Usually mixed together in different variations when used.

Styling Products
IC Aloe Vera Gel (for slicking back hair for buns)
FOTE Aloe Vera Gel (roller sets)
Shea Butter (for twists)

Special Treatments
Protein: 1 egg & 1 tbs olive oil added to Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
Pre-poo: generous amount of coconut oil applied to hair and left overnight
Henna: NOT done during the winter season only because I have decided to Henna just twice a year
Oil Rinse: only done after shampoos

Hair Styles
Buns were worn for the majority of the winter season
Two strand twists were worn a few times
Roller sets were done for special occasions

Hair Challenges
Castor Oil Challenge (group challenge)
Bun Challenge (self challenge)

Regimen
Last weekend of the month - shampoo on that Saturday
Protective style Sunday - Tuesday
Cowash - Tuesday night
Protective Style - Wednesday → Friday
Pre-poo (before shampoo only) → Friday night (overnight)


It seems like this is a lot to use on one head but I like to alternate products and I also use no more than three different products on my head at a time after washing and conditioning. This is my way of keep my hair care regimen simple and effective. I had a great time with my hair this winter and learned something new about my scalp. Now it's time to learn my spring/summer hair.

Hello Spring I see you coming!