.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Color Change: Natural Blue Black

After years of brown and red shades of dye I was ready to revisit black hair. I purchased Clairol Nice n Easy Natural Blue Black from Walgreen's for my new shade. Prior to dyeing my hair I read the instructions and saw that it was not recommended to use the dye on hair that was previously treated with henna. The instructions did not say why so I had to do my own research. I came across these two articles:
I did not do the remover instead I opted to take my chances with the color over the henna.

The steps I follow for dyeing my hair include:
1. Application of the dye according to the instructions
2. Leaving the dye on for 40-45 minutes
3. Rinsing thoroughly
4. Deep conditioning for a very long time. I prefer to DC overnight
5. Styling my hair in a style that embraces the natural curl
Why?
Dye on my hair can be very drying and it can also stretch out the curl pattern. By DCing for a long time the dryness I experience is drastically decrease. Styling in a curl embraces style helps keep my curls from stretching - preventing a change in my texture. If I style correctly I will have major shrinkage and that is my sign that my curls still love me.