.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

The Avocado

I recently read the Avocado: A Luscious Hair Care Treatment article on Naturally Curly. Not too long ago a purchased an avocado with the intention of using it on my hair (I don't eat them) because I already use the oil so I became curious about what the actual source would do for my hair. The oil keeps my hair soft, is light, and doesn't have a heavy smell to it.

According to the article the avocado is a fruit that can be used as a deep conditioning treatment for the hair. The avocado is filled with proteins, vitamins, and amino acids. At the end of the article there is a list of recipes and since I never used and avocado before - those recipes served as my starting point:

Avocado Conditioner

Avocado Conditioner is designed to be made and used immediately. Discard leftovers, use as a facial or share it with someone else to use.

Flesh of a ripe avocado
¼ cup coconut cream
¼ cup coconut water
3 tablespoons mayonnaise containing egg

In medium-sized bowl mix avocado and coconut cream). In very small bowl whisk together coconut water and mayonnaise; use spatula to add this to the first mixture. Whisk all together until smooth.

Divide hair into 6-8 segments. Slather green mixture on each segment working all the way into hair, from scalp area to the ends. Put on shower cap or other loose fitting plastic cap. Sit out in the sun if possible or under dryer on medium high setting, if available. Leave on hair for 45 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Shampoo and style as usual.