.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Pre-poo: Honey and Coconut oil


A few months ago I read about a honey and coconut oil pre-poo and I thought that it just sounded yummy. However, that was in the winter and I wanted to do this pre-poo in the spring. I finally found time to give it a shot.

Using the double boiler method I melted 1/2 cup of coconut oil and 1/4 cup of honey together. I didn't let the mixture get too warm because I needed to be able to stick my hand in it to apply to my hair. I applied the mixture just like I would apply a conditioner and let it sit for 30 minutes. Due to the warmer weather I opted to do this without extra heat. I think what I had naturally was good enough

After thirty minutes I shampooed and conditioned as usual.

My thoughts:
If I do this again, I will use less honey. After about 15mins the mixture started to get stiff. However, it was easy to rinse out so it wasn't that big of a deal. My hair smelled really nice after rinsing all the mixture out. I think this would be great for a wash n go with naked hair.

Will I do it again: Maybe.