.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Castor Oil Challenge: OVER!!!

Did you stick to it? How did it go for you?

My scalp looks and feels awesome!!! My roots are so soft and moisturized. This challenge has taught me that my scalp needs love too and that Castor oil is a great moisturizer. As a result, I am not retiring this to the shelf. I will continue to use Castor oil when needed but especially after shampooing/co-washing.

Comparison pics are coming (My laptop is feeling a little under the weather) ...I will update this post. In the meantime - I am curious about challenge feedback from others. Please share.




**updated 04/10/10**


I really wish I had and knew how to use one of those super cameras - the ones that can capture your skin cells, LOL.
I am so impressed with the outcome of using Castor Oil. I will probably not use it 2-3 times a week anymore but I will definitely continue to use it and incorporate using it on my ends. If I get the same outcome on my ends that I did on my roots, I will be a happy camper.
Typically after washing my hair, when I part it for a style, I would encounter some flaking. I am no longer seeing that. Also, when styling my roots are now the easiest portion of my hair to separate. I am also noticing some shorter hair all over but I know it is not breakage because I have been watching my breakage and shortage. These pieces are about 1 -2 inches all over. I believe they are those itty bitty length hairs that would never grow - because I don't see those anymore. I feel like growth was encouraged. However, it could have been th regular massaging that result from applying the Castor Oil. I usually do not pay any attention to my scalp (neglect) much less apply product to it on a regular basis.
The more I think about it, I just may make this a consistent part of my cold weather regimen and use occasionally in the warmer weather.

Oh, and I have a TON of Castor oil left...I thought my hubby would help me use it up. Oh well....it will last.