.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

'No Apology' needed for Cynthia Jones' fierce 'fro


A few years ago around this time I attended the Juneteenth celebration in Durham, NC. While there I spied this HUGE blonde afro standing on a hill and I couldn't stop staring. She wore the look so well. Thirty minutes after seeing this lady with the huge 'fro I watched as she walked up on stage. I thought "oh she must be someone important." Little did I know at that time that I was about to hear Cynthia Jones. 



She reminds me (and you will probably read this a lot) of a gospel version of Erykah Badu. She even samples Bag Lady on one of her tracks. When I found out about Cynthia Jones it was right one time because I was wondering if any NeoSoul-like gospel artists even existed. 




Cynthia Jones has actually been nominated for both Stellar and Grammy awards. She has been on tours with the likes of Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammond, and Smokie Norful. She has been busy! Later this year, she will be releasing another CD and this one will be titled Journey to Soul.



So if you haven't heard of Cynthia Jones and you are looking for some new music to add to your collection, check her out. You are just in time to get to know her music before the next album drops.


Cynthia loves motorcycles and founded the first all female motorcycle group in Raleigh NC called the Ebony Angels, she then used her love for riding motorcycles as a tool to witness to souls, founding yet another group of female Christian motorcyclists called “The Soul Patrol motorcycle ministry. [source]



Guess what else? She's a North Carolinian!!! 
(Now I'm gonna be looking for her riding around on her bike, lol)



---
Check out the first natural hair Christian feature here: Angel Taylor 
I hope to make this a monthly feature on the blog.