.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

My co-washing method


During the fall/winter season I only shampoo once a month and co-wash during the weeks in between shampoo days. One day I was running short on time so I applied the conditioner (Giovanni SAS) I was planning on using (for the cowash) to my hair while it was dry. The conditioner remained on for about 30 minutes before I was able to finally rinse and detangle in the shower. The results were amazing (to me) and I was convinced it was probably a fluke but I had to test it out a few more times just to make sure.

With the next few weekends that passed I did the following:
-Took down what ever protective style I was wearing that week
-Applied conditioner to my (dry) hair while putting it in four sections
-Let the conditioner sit on my hair until is was dry/stiff and then rinsed in sections
-I detangled each section with my rubber based brush (like a denman) as I rinsed
-Finally, applied a leave-in conditioner and styled as usual

This method was quick and easy. My hair was detangled, extremely manageable, and soft in the end. As a result, I am now doing the steps above with all my winter cowashes.

I love accidentally discovering great ways to revamp my regimen!