.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Fall/Winter 2010 - Week 8

Most of this week was spent installing my very first set of yarn braids. They are posted in the blog entry just before this one. I am loving them and I am already planning on doing them again. I want to leave them in for about a month so that means I will be setting aside a weekend at the end of January to take them out.

Sunday
My hair was in a bun from my Saturday wash. I decided that evening to start on the yarn braids. I separated my hair into sections and started braiding in the back. I moisturized each section of hair with leave-in conditioner before starting the braid. I braided from 6pm-11pm.

Monday-Tuesday
My braids were not complete so I wore a hat during the day. I braided from 7pm-11pm each night.

Wednesday
I was determined to finish braiding. I started around 5pm and braided until 3:30am. I believe the reason that the yarn braids took so long for me to install was because I had no idea what I was doing and this was my first time doing braids with something other than my own hair.

Thursday-Saturday
Anytime that my scalp felt a little dry I would spray some Aloe Gro onto my scalp. It's so cool and refreshing that I started spraying just for the feeling (lol). I got a Huetiful Hair Steamer for Christmas and since I can't wait to use it I will be sitting under it in my braids really soon (review coming).