.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday Style



After an extremely busy weekend I had no time or energy to do my hair. So I opted to go to my "go to" style and wear a high bun for the day. It must have worked great for me because I got tons of compliments that day. Also, you can see just a bit of my dress in the second pic - my hubby brought it for me and I love it! It's sheath style with a large leopard print pattern.

Sunday's message:
This Sunday my pastor spoke on a message that many people are usually not too happy to hear - tithing. My opinion on it? If you are doing what the Lord (not man) lays on your heart and you are doing it cheerfully you should not have a problem with hearing this message. I have found the more I give cheerfully whether it be my tithes or someone in need, I get so much more in return. At this very moment I am cleaning out my house and selling items on Craigslist for $20 and under - those items cost me about $50 and over. All the money I collect is going to the March of Dimes. I am not keeping a cent for myself and it makes me feel GREAT.

On to the notes....

The Scriptural Basis for Tithing
Malachi 3:8-10
Tithing is not about raising money, it's about raising people. Tithing assesses your trust level in God's provisions for the vision He has given you for your life. Some will argue that tithing is an old testament practice but there is scripture in the new testament that supports tithing. It's surprising to many to find out that the Bible addresses the topic of money more than any other topic. Some verses to review:
Genesis 14:19, Genesis 28:20-22, Numbers 18:21-24, Deuteronomy 14:22, 28-29, Deuteronomy 12:6, 26:12, Malachi 3:8, Matthew 23:23, Luke 18:12, Hebrews 7:5-9