.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Roller-set Review - Week 1

Braidout

The first week was almost too challenging because of the rain that the east coast experienced throughout the week. I almost forgot that I couldn't just walk causally in the rain without and umbrella.

To make it through the week, my everyday hair style was a bun. Each night I oiled my ends with either Africa's Best Organics Olive and Clove oil or vatika oil. Twice during the week I massaged my scalp with Vatika oil (I will review the Vatika oil at a later date). I have been wanting to incorporate scalp massages into my routine for a while now but they can be hard to when my hair is curly and they tend to result in a lot of tangles for me. The roller-set makes the massages so much easier.

It's kind of strange to end a week and not wash my hair. I was itching a little mainly in the crown area but the itching decreased significantly when I "greased" that area with some hair butter. If you were reading my posts last year around this time you may remember that I experienced itching in the same place this time last year and throughout the entire fall/winter seasons. Maybe this is my growth season (?).

Lessons learned this week:
1. I don't really need to use so much oil if I plan to oil my ends nightly. I had a shiny neck for the first 2-3 days of the week. I am heavy handed with product.

2. A braid-out on straight hair takes needs to set for at least 2 days I want a nice defined braid-out.

3. Straighten hair can get tangled so take time to properly prep at night.