.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Pincurl Braid-out vs Pincurl Twist-out

I decided to attempt a curly fro style that I saw on youtube - on the tutorial it was achieved by doing braids/plaits and pin curling them into place. With that technique I was able to achieve this look:

Pin Curl Braid-out
The style did not come out as curly as I wanted it so I decided to try it again with two strand twists and pin curl them into place. With that technique I got this look:

Pin Curl Twist-out
Neither were the look that I was going for but if I had to choose I like the pin curl braid-out more than the pin curl two strand twist-out.


Each time I did the style I followed this regimen:
1. Shampoo
2. Condition
3. Chicoro Layering Method (Leave-in conditioner, light oil, creamy base)
4. Braid/Twist and pin curl
5. Release when dry

If you have seen any curly fro tutorials that will yield the following look, please send them my way.


If you have any tips/suggestions on how to replicate this look please leave a comment below.