.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

You Asked, I Answered


You Asked:
I love your blog and also your videos on youtube..I really have learned alot from your blog site. I have been transitioning from relaxed to natural goin on 5mons in November without tha big chop.All is well,Ive been using protective styles such as Sew-Ins.I have seen alot of growth thusfar.I have a question...I use organic root stimulator products for the most of my products but i have been wanting to try and use another brand to define my natural curl pattern,because my curl pattern is currently more of a wave than a curl.What is a good product or a good technique to start this curl pattern,so that i have other options besides sew-Ins?Also I just subscribed to your youtube page!!!Check me out..I will be startin my videos pretty soon! MsYellaBoneStar on youtube
Thank you

I Answered:
Your curl pattern is just that - your curl pattern.  That is how your DNA has designed it to grow.  You can temporarily alter it to make it appear to be different but you will not be able to permanently change it.  By that I mean you won’t be able to change the way it grows out of your scalp.  Also, you mentioned that you have not done the Big Chop (BC) – so don’t be surprised if you discover a new characteristic of your curl pattern after you BC.  If you read on a few hair boards you may see this happening among many that have recently done the big chop.  As far as products are concerned, recommendations are something that I do not like to make because what may work for my hair may not work for yours and vice versa. If ORS works for you, stick with it.  It’s the technique that gives results not the product.  If you want more curls try setting your hair in twists, flat-twists or Bantu knots.  Make sure your hair is completely dry before releasing and see if you are able to achieve the curly results you want with those techniques.
P.S. I'm waiting on videos!!!! :)

---

You Asked:
Hey, your hair looks great.  I have a question though; why did you trim so much of your hair? Were your split ends really bad?  I know you wear protective styles a lot and I'm wondering what can be done to prevent split ends. I plan on bunning the entire winter too and don't want to have to cut all my new length off.  How do you plan on taking care of your ends (I need the advice).  Thanks, Love your blog!

I Answered:
My split ends were not that bad but I honestly did not have the time and patience to sit there and search & destroy my entire head.  I am not obsessed with length but I am obsessed with symmetry.  My hair being different lengths all over was driving me insane.  I wasn’t afraid to cut it off because I now know how to treat my hair so that I can retain length.  It will grow back and I will be able to retain the length with discipline.  After bunning all winter in 2009, my hair and ends looked great.  My split ends and SSKs occurred after wearing my hair out consistently, going on vacation and not taking time to properly care for my hair, and just getting busy and putting my hair care on the backburner.  Bunning was actually the best thing that I ever did for my hair which is why I am going back to it.  Good luck!


Have something to add? Please comment!