.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday Style: NCCU Homecoming Edition

This past weekend was spent enjoying Homecoming 2010 with my fellow NCCU alumni and friends. Although the homecoming festivities take place all week long, I was unable to partake in any of the fun until the weekend (the joys of adulthood and working).

Hair: I wore cornrows all week because I knew that once I got off of work I would not have enough time to do my hair before heading out. My cornrows resulted in a big braidout that lasted for the entire weekend.

Friday Night
Homecoming Cabaret 2010

Saturday Night
NCCU/UNC-Chapel Party
For Saturday night the braidout was pinned to one side for more of an edgy look. To maintain this look for more than one day, I simply slept in a bonnet at night.

Since my hair was cornrowed all week and then worn in a braidout all weekend, you can just imagine the amount of shed hairs that came out on Sunday. I shampooed with Giovanni SAS, conditioned with Suave Rosemary mint, and then styled in two strand twists using shea butter. I am quite comfortable right now. Last weekend is the last time that I plan to wear my hair out for awhile. I don't want the SSKs and splits ends to re-emerge. My goal is to remain in protective styles until at least the first day of Spring 2011.