.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Growing beyond shoulder length

I dyed my hair a few months ago and I can tell by the roots how much my hair has grown since then but I can't tell by the length of my hair. My hair seems to reach just past shoulder length and then stops. I realized that I am not maintaining length. So of course I had to do some research and here is what I found:

Avoid rubber bands and styling your hair in tight updos.
When styling in updos be careful with hair pins because rough handling can cause you to rip your hair out.
Use a water based moisturizer on your ends and then seal them with a natural oil of your choice (be sure to use an oil that means your hair care needs).
Trim your ends every few months to eliminate spit ends.
If you use heat, try to use it less often.
Deep Treat/Condition your hair at least once a month.
Wear styles that keep your hair up off your clothes and shoulders, friction causes breakage.

References:
How to grow your hair to shoulder length

Options for updos:
Buns
Twists pinned up
Bantu knots
and anything your creative mind can think up