.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

I'm late but...CURLFORMERS!

I first heard about Curlformers in 2009 and the two major things that turned me off were the hook and the price. However after watching reviews on YT and reading numerous reviews on other blogs my curiosity was re-ignited. Recently, at the Triangle meet-up an opportunity arouse for me to purchase the Curlformers from another fellow curly (thanks girl!!) and finally try them out.

To begin:
My hair was co-washed on Wednesday and bunned for the rest of the week. Since my hair was properly detangled prior to bunning I did not have to do much prep work for before using the Curlformers.

The only items I used during this process were a rattail comb, curl defining spritz (setting lotion), a hooded dryer, and the Curlformers.

I sectioned my hair into four large sections and within those sections seperated some of the hair to go into the Curlformers. I applied setting lotion to each section, made sure it was spread evenly, and also ensured that the hair was detangled before pulling through the Curlformers. It took me about 1 hour to get them all in which is not bad for my first time.


I let my hair air dry in the Curlformers for as long as I could. I didn't start until late so when I began to get sleepy I pulled out the hooded dryer and sat under it for about 30 more minutes (10 minutes each on high, med, and low). All but two of the sections in the Curlformers dried. They were in the middle so I left them in overnight and slept just fine.


I am very satisfied with the outcome.


Look at those roots!


I think the trick is to let the hair dry completely. Any trace amount of moisture left after removing the Curlformers can lead to frizz (just like a roller-set).

At night I pulled the curls up into a high loose pony and put on my satin bonnet. In the morning the curls still looked great.

The only con I ran into was that some of my hair in the front sections were too long for the Curlformers and about 1 inch of hair was hanging out of the bottom. The next time I visit Sally's I will pick up a pack of the extra long Curlformers. Also, the salon kit was just the right amount for all this hair on my head. PERFECT!