.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Black Tea Rinse Summary

After reading posts and watching vids about black tea rinses and how they help shedding I decided to try the black tea rinses for a month. I shed heavily so I wasn't expecting much of a difference but I was proven wrong. The black tea rinses did not stop my shedding entirely but there was a noticeable decrease in the amount of shed hairs I had at the end of each week that month.

Things I noticed while doing the black tea rinses:
-There was a decrease in the amount of shed hairs I had each week
-No change on my gray hairs (boo), I was hoping they would darken
-I did see a slight reddish tint when the light hit my hair at the right angle
-The smell did not linger
-Applying the rinse with a spray bottle is a lot easier than pouring a bowl of tea over my head

The differences in shedding throughout the month:
Prior to the first black tea rinse I collected my shed hairs using the hair stopper, that helped with week by week comparisons. Week one's shed hairs were half the amount of the shed hairs prior to the initial tea rinse. Week two was about the same as week one's amount. Week three was less than week's one and two but just slightly and week four was about the same as week three.

The black tea rinses did not impact the time or steps in my regimen too much to be frustrating so it may be something that I do often if not weekly. I think that the rinses would be more beneficial for me if done in the winter since I will more than likely stick to the winter being my protective styling season (I'll think about this later).

If you decide to try black tea rinses just remember to do your research.