.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

four loko sued

four loko sued
Four loko sued. A Florida family is suing the makers of a popular energy drink in connection with their son's death. Joe and Vicki Keiran say their 20-year-old son Jason became intoxicated and wired after drinking at least three cans of the energy drink Four Loko -- the alcohol equivalent of 18 light beers and 6 cups of coffee.

Each fruit punch-flavored 23.5 ounce can has about 2.82 ounces of alcohol and about 156 milligrams of caffeine.

The Keirans believe the drink caused Jason to become so manic and erratic, that he accidentally shot himself.

The family's attorney, Don Van Dingenen, says the Florida State sophomore picked up a friend's gun after partying with his roommates for 30 hours straight on Sept. 17.

"They say he started to act crazy. He pointed the gun at his head and everyone else. He said I realize I'm freaking you guys out take the gun away from me," Van Dingenen said.

Jason's parents believe there was more to the story.

"I just miss him more and more everyday I wish he would e-mail me I wish he would call me…I wish he was coming home for Thanksgiving," said Jason's mother Vicki.

His father said the tragedy is a parent's worst fear.