.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

In The News: The First Bald Beauty Queen

I thought this was a lovely story and that it also reinforces the notion of "I am not my hair." It can be so easy to get wrapped up in a hair regimen and finding the perfect hair style/length that we forget about that it is what we have on the inside that really matters. 


[source]
When she was 25 years old, Sandra Dubose-Gibson  was diagnosed with alopecia and as a result lost all of her hair. Sandra  states: "I am here to help them see the beautiful human beings they truly are and boldly celebrate that beauty and strength from the inside out." (source)

Sandra's Blog: My Alopecia Experience

No matter what's on your head, you can do and be what you desire!

Read more:
First Bald Beauty Queen Crowned in North Carolina

Find out more about Alopecia:
Alopecia
Alopecia areata
Scientists identify gene that may be responsible for hair loss