.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Protein in your diet

The nutrients that we take into our body are reflect by our outward appearace. If you indulge in a lot of healthy snacks and drink lots of water, more than likely you will have that healthy glow. However, if you take in a lot of junk....you get the picture.

Over the summer my husband and I began to workout and part of our work consisted of us drinking protein shakes. During this time I was also trying to discover the best hair care regimen for me. I began to look at different protein treatments and I am so glad that I did my research before I put one of those treatments on my hair. Too much protein will make your hair hard and brittle. Since I was drinking protein shakes daily, I was getting way more than my recommended daily value. When you intake too much of anything it gets absorbed into your body and/or excreted out. So basically, my hair got it's protein through my nutritional intake.

Hair is a protein so if your diet is rich in protein that will often result in better hair growth.

Protein Shakes:
1 Cup of fresh fruit (your choice)
1 Scoop of protein powder
1 squirt of lemon juice (optional)
1 tablespoon of honey (or more to taste)
1-2 cups of plain yogurt

Yummy quick delicious breakfast. There are many variations of making protein shakes but this is just how I preferred mine every morning. Now that it is getting cooler....I need to look into other options.